Discuss: A Look at Tesla's Automations App That Adds Apple Shortcuts Functionality to Your Tesla

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,476
408
83
  • Like
Reactions: RNHurt

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
830
96
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
this is way overdue-yes customized voice greeting/departure/check the back seat/dont leave anything behind. Proximity detection sensor-"hey step away from the Tesla, you're on camera".

PLEASE INCLUDE THIS with the SPRING UPDATE.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
From the looks of it, this is built into the infotainment in the car itself. That isn't really a bad thing, but I would prefer to not have to sit in my car for 5 minutes or more to setup an automation, especially if its a somewhat complex one. Why can't they just add this to the Shortcuts app on IOS, and whatever the equivalent is on Android? Or even add it into the native Tesla app itself as a submenu. Hopefully that is the eventual plan, because I'd much more prefer to use something like this on my phone for certain functions than in the car itself. I get that not all the features would make sense to have on a mobile device, but some of the ones that are already available on IOS seem so limited. I just feel that the Tesla app needs a complete overhaul at this point, there are some really good third-party options, but they charge a monthly fee if you want any of the useful/cool features. Maybe they can even add that kind of functionality under the connectivity subscription to make that more worthwhile.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

Well-known member
Sep 17, 2022
450
359
63
Kentucky
I have a loaner 2025 MY while my 2020 MX is getting a new battery pack (long story) and I've discovered some features that I never knew existed. For one, you can set the seat/steering wheel heaters to "Auto" so they come on when it's cold and turn off when its warm. It also allows you to adjust the "tilted" position of the side mirrors. These types of changes are software only and don't require a new computer or additional sensors. Why aren't these options available in ALL Tesla vehicles!?!? I know they don't really want to update the code in the legacy vehicles but come on, throw us a bone every once in a while!

My hope is that the new automatons in this report might finally provide some much needed quality-of-life improvements for us legacy drivers. Maybe. 🤞
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
I have a loaner 2025 MY while my 2020 MX is getting a new battery pack (long story) and I've discovered some features that I never knew existed. For one, you can set the seat/steering wheel heaters to "Auto" so they come on when it's cold and turn off when its warm. It also allows you to adjust the "tilted" position of the side mirrors. These types of changes are software only and don't require a new computer or additional sensors. Why aren't these options available in ALL Tesla vehicles!?!? I know they don't really want to update the code in the legacy vehicles but come on, throw us a bone every once in a while!

My hope is that the new automatons in this report might finally provide some much needed quality-of-life improvements for us legacy drivers. Maybe. 🤞
Not going to lie, the long story intrigues me. I don't know if you would like to make a separate post about it, but I am very curious as to whether it was an accident, a defect, or some sort of other issue. I'd also like to know what that process looks like, and what it costs.

But I agree about the other things you said, I forget how some of the features my car has aren't on slightly older cars than mine, and it really is odd that Tesla haven't included them in updates.
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
830
96
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
I have a loaner 2025 MY while my 2020 MX is getting a new battery pack (long story) and I've discovered some features that I never knew existed. For one, you can set the seat/steering wheel heaters to "Auto" so they come on when it's cold and turn off when its warm. It also allows you to adjust the "tilted" position of the side mirrors. These types of changes are software only and don't require a new computer or additional sensors. Why aren't these options available in ALL Tesla vehicles!?!? I know they don't really want to update the code in the legacy vehicles but come on, throw us a bone every once in a while!

My hope is that the new automatons in this report might finally provide some much needed quality-of-life improvements for us legacy drivers. Maybe. 🤞
Every Tesla has auto seat-steering wheel heat.
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
830
96
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
I have a loaner 2025 MY while my 2020 MX is getting a new battery pack (long story) and I've discovered some features that I never knew existed. For one, you can set the seat/steering wheel heaters to "Auto" so they come on when it's cold and turn off when its warm. It also allows you to adjust the "tilted" position of the side mirrors. These types of changes are software only and don't require a new computer or additional sensors. Why aren't these options available in ALL Tesla vehicles!?!? I know they don't really want to update the code in the legacy vehicles but come on, throw us a bone every once in a while!

My hope is that the new automatons in this report might finally provide some much needed quality-of-life improvements for us legacy drivers. Maybe. 🤞
U choose the automations - Tesla just provides ability. Honk horn - all windows down but u might want honk horn to activate Santa mode. Tesla gives us control.