Discuss: A Look at Tesla’s New Media Player, Nav, Fan and HomeLink Updates

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
I tried to move the music player (Tidal) in its original location by minimizing the small player on the left but I can't get back to the layout that I had previously to the update.
It's VERY disappointing and frustrating to have to change my habits regarding the music...

Sylvan

Dec 16, 2022
I tried using the new Apple Music and it works great. However,when I leave the car and return later the media player does not leave off where I left it. To the contrary there is now a message asking me to choose the media I want. Every time Iget in the car! Am I missing something?

dethier1958

Dec 20, 2022
I really don't see see the new music panel and moving the homelink as improvements. I never touch the music panel while driving because I can do what I need with the steering wheel buttons. But I do need to open and close my garage door using homelink, and that nice large button that was where the new music controls are is now gone. These changes make things harder, not easier.

Having the panel is nice because it gives easier access to the odometer and tire pressure (although that panel looks sloppy with the car cut off). Maybe the garage door button could take over the music panel when you're close to home? I think that would be better. Larger and much easier to tap.

explomondo

Dec 21, 2022
The thing you don't see in the review. Tesla put the entire media again in the only position covered by your hands while driving. Navigation and media info is pretty much the only thing I look at while driving. Why on earth is that not configurable to the previous position... much in the same way that a fix was pushed to move the rear view cam out of that weird position in the left bottom. Tesla and UX :rolleyes:

IMG_3481.jpeg

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
The thing you don't see in the review. Tesla put the entire media again in the only position covered by your hands while driving. Navigation and media info is pretty much the only thing I look at while driving. Why on earth is that not configurable to the previous position... much in the same way that a fix was pushed to move the rear view cam out of that weird position in the left bottom. Tesla and UX :rolleyes:

View attachment 164
Maybe they ran out of space on the 15" screen 😂😂😂