Discuss: 2024.3.5 (FSD beta v12.3.2) Release Notes

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
According to TeslaFi, this is the first 2024.x.y release that includes FSD v12.x.y. There may be hope for us "legacy" owners yet!

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Well, they must have found something wrong with 2024.3.5 because it only rolled out to 1 customer (as far as we can tell) and they've already released 2024.3.6. At least they are iterating quickly. 😄

acmem

Mar 27, 2024
I just installed 2024.3.6 with fsd 12.3.2.1
Haven’t tested yet but will tomorrow 😬

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Nope. I’m watching a video of a 2023 S Plaid and FSDb is going too fast, 10 over at times. He’s trying to figure out if that’s a setting, turned off the auto speed off set or something. Now it’s doing 55 in a 55. Also it is smoothly slowing down each time the SL drops to the SL, so that’s good but I’d like to have a simple 5 over setting like we used to. That’s just me.
There was a nav error about 1/3 into the video. Recovered nicely afterwards. Slows for a 10MPH sign before reaching the actual sign (nice!).
Autopark demo at around 17 minutes in! Parks in one spot well marked with no other cars around like a pro :)
Couldn’t find the way out of that parking lot :( .
He’s doing another auto park at 20 minutes in. It does make a different noise when backing. Parks next to a truck dead center in spot no drama :)
Starts another nav from parking spot, finds the way out of the lot this time but less challenging.
Driver continually praises v12 driving ‘comfort’ vs v11. That seems to be the refrain on v12!
At 26:20 unprotected left onto high speed road with no traffic very natural.
Tries the auto speed thing again, it is more human like in that on a 35MPH road with nothing around (driveways, curves or hills) it does 10 over but when that same road gets into town with traffic lights it slows. Still, I’d prefer a stettig that limits how much over it can go.
One weird signal that could be unnecessary.
Car is hanging out in left lane where driver says he’d prefer the right lane but no one behind him.
Although it goes a little fast when curves or intersections approach it does slow a little which seems appropriate.
Another auto park 35:40ish. Worth a watch. More decisive and natural. Only wants to back into spots though.
I zipped through a lot of the video, those are the parts that caught my interest.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Got 12.3.2.1, not impressed.
Too slow on my residential streets. Routing still not smart enough to use a stop light one street over to turn left onto 4 lane road. Once on a 4 lane road with a SL of 35 it was throwing turn signals on and abandoning lane changes over and over to the point I had to keep it disengaged. No reason for the signals, or lane changes And I had ‘Minimal lane changes’ selected for that drive.
The only thing it did very well was auto park. It also didn’t block a car leaving a gas station getting out with traffic stopped in front of me by stacking up on the line of stopped cars. That was new. Didn’t see unnecessary turn signals on twisty roads and also didn’t treat a stop sign in a raised island like a round about, so that’s good.
DO NOT GIVE THIS TO PEOPLE TO TRY FSD OUT. That’s my assessment so far.

Reactions: RNHurt

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Got 12.3.3, still same issues.
Non-commital, slow and zig zaggy lane changes with no reason given (like stay on route, faster lane, keep away from merge, etc). SLOW at times but you can hit the accelerator pedal and it speeds up and stays there.
It is pretty smooth and person like, but does drive like an out of towner that's annoying to everyone else. Auto park is cool, still can take 2 tries to get into a spot that should only take one.
It used to be able to find the way out of my U shaped driveway but now it just sits there.

Reactions: RNHurt