Discuss: 2024.3.15 (FSD Supervised v12.3.4) Release Notes

apeh2000

Apr 11, 2024
I have a 2020 S LR. It was doing this update, got to 10 percent then failed. Now doesn't even show that an update is available for me to run. Anyone else have this issue ?

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I have a 2020 S LR. It was doing this update, got to 10 percent then failed. Now doesn't even show that an update is available for me to run. Anyone else have this issue ?
Check these forum- Forums . Tons of people from all over the world on that page, no doubt someone has had the same problem. I've seen people report it in the past but don't remember how it was resolved. I think it rectifies itself but maybe not. You could always 'shut down' the car or do the two button restart.
@RNHurt - Let me know if this version tells you WHY it's changing lanes like v11 did. 12.3.3 doesn't anymore for us, it's kind of annoying.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Well, I've now driven a bit on FSD v12.3.4 and I have a couple of observations:
  • Yes, it goes slower than I would in most circumstances but it seems to stay in the legal limit my better than I do. In other words, I speed too much. 😊
  • It will try to stop at every yellow light it sees, sometimes aggressively. A couple of times I was worried about someone hitting me from behind. 😱
  • It is much better than v11 and MUCH more human like, especially when turning corners.
  • I was in traffic and it stopped to let someone pull in front of me from a side street, just like I would have. WOW! :love:
Apart from the obvious holes in behavior (emergency vehicles, being pulled over by police, etc.) I think we much closer to FSD than most people realize. This update really highlighted the progress that has been made recently.

That said, I think the big remaining thing is that it doesn't drive like I would drive. Sure, it's more human like, but it's not "me". I'm not sure my brain would ever be able to accept it driving while I'm behind the "wheel". Maybe this wont be a problem with new drivers (or people that don't really like to drive) but I think those of use with decades of experience are going to struggle giving up control, no matter how good it is.