Discuss: 2024.20 Official Tesla Release Notes

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
How nice, we barely received 2024.14 and there's already something newer.

5 strikes before a suspension... is that for FSD or for all autopilot levels?

If autopilot didn't "strike" also when inadvertently accelerating past 140km/h (or the max Speed allowed by Tesla Vision) due to manual intervention, even with the hands on the wheel, instead of simply disconnecting...

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Not sure exactly what you're asking KITT but I learned a long time ago (AP1 days) that if you're gonna accelerate to pass or whatever, best to take the car out of AP or FSD because that's exactly what would happen. I was put in AP jail for going over 90 MPH (IIRC) while passing with cruise control on but not auto-steer. Now when I take over there is not TACC still going on so that hasn't happened in a while so maybe you're experiencing something else?
I was also a bit stunned how easy it was to go that fast that quickly!

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Not sure exactly what you're asking KITT but I learned a long time ago (AP1 days) that if you're gonna accelerate to pass or whatever, best to take the car out of AP or FSD because that's exactly what would happen. I was put in AP jail for going over 90 MPH (IIRC) while passing with cruise control on but not auto-steer. Now when I take over there is not TACC still going on so that hasn't happened in a while so maybe you're experiencing something else?
I was also a bit stunned how easy it was to go that fast that quickly!
My "wish" is that manual acceleration beyond speed limit is treated as autopilot disconnect, under the condition that the driver has hands on wheels.

Obviously the status quo workaround is the one you outline, but in 3 years, during long drives, how many times do you think I've forgotten to do so? Then waiting the first road toll stop to "restart" the drive to renewable autopilot.

What I'm saying is that introducing autopilot suspension after N strikes would make sense only if they solved this issue.

The point is: there's absolutely no reason why autopilot should be disabled, red wheel warning and all that crap instead of simply disconnecting, in a condition which obviously sees you taking manual control of the car.

Obviously this nonsense stems from Tesla's other nonsense, i.e. using torque rather than capacitive sensors (which ironically ARE present on the Highland) to detect hands on wheels. In the U.S. there's also the possibility of clicking scroll buttons as an alternative to the nonsensical request to move the wheel, elsewhere there isn't, making "nag" super annoying in these conditions.

Last edited: