Discuss: 2024.14 Official Tesla Release Notes

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Tesla software update 2024.14 includes Visual Updates, Hands-Free Trunk, Preview of Sentry Mode Recordings, Trip Progress Bar, Spotify Queue and Playback Speed, Better Route Available, Wiper Controls, Other Updates, Speed Camera Chime, Average Speed Zones. View Release Notes

Reactions: RNHurt

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
How likely is the visualization update going to release for non Ryzen MCUs later in time? The new interface doesnt seem so much more CPU Power Consuming than the one we have already

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
How likely is the visualization update going to release for non Ryzen MCUs later in time? The new interface doesnt seem so much more CPU Power Consuming than the one we have already
I think you're right. The vehicle model while parked seems to be higher quality, but in general, it really doesn't seem that much more intensive, so I think you're right and we may see it implemented at a later point. Just like the Model S and Model X aren't expected to receive the visual changes right away.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I'm particularly interested in the music player update. While the current one works, the new one looks like it has a much better UX. For example, in the current player it's very difficult to tell how far you are in a song or to be able to skip forward or backward in the song. The new one looks like it fixes that problem.

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Wonder why Hands-free trunk didn't include the Y?
It seems like whis will be available for the refresh Model Y Juniper when it releases, as its currently only for the Highland Model 3.

What i was not able to find out, do you require specific hardware to receive that? Is it some sensor under the rear bumper or just Bluetooth Low Energy, recognizing my device near the trunk for a specific amount of time? I wonder how easy it is to accidently open the trunk by just walking nearby :D

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Oct 17, 2023
My M3 has the FSD computer but has Intel Atom and runs the full screen visualizations just great, and i can imagine it would run just fine for a downgrade full screen visualization.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
It seems like whis will be available for the refresh Model Y Juniper when it releases, as its currently only for the Highland Model 3.

What i was not able to find out, do you require specific hardware to receive that? Is it some sensor under the rear bumper or just Bluetooth Low Energy, recognizing my device near the trunk for a specific amount of time? I wonder how easy it is to accidently open the trunk by just walking nearby :D
It's apparently based on Ultra-Wide Band Support, therefore it's unlikely they would release the feature on former models. Hence also why it's not yet compatible with Android, because they only implemented it for iPhone mobile keys so far.

The point is: the car needs to be sure it's you on the back before opening to a stranger, although it apparently uses the camera to check if there is someone standing on the back. I would have been already happy if the car sensed a phone key and saw someone with bags behind (perhaps disabling it once doors are opened).

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Oct 17, 2023
Tesla software update 2024.14 includes Visual Updates, Hands-Free Trunk, Preview of Sentry Mode Recordings, Trip Progress Bar, Spotify Queue and Playback Speed, Better Route Available, Wiper Controls, Other Updates, Speed Camera Chime, Average Speed Zones. View Release Notes
Love that tesla gave me a birthday surprise! and here I was thinking they forgot lol

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
I am realy getting fed up with Tesla now, I am a paid EAP owner in the UK and still NO new Autopark. its been well over a year now and an absolute joke not to have this option restored. What are they playing at

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
I am realy getting fed up with Tesla now, I am a paid EAP owner in the UK and still NO new Autopark. its been well over a year now and an absolute joke not to have this option restored. What are they playing at
Agree. I didn't purchase EAP/FSD because they just don't make sense. Paying 3/8k€ for something that other car makers may not do in a fancy way as Tesla, but do at least consistently once you make the purchase, is absurd. All my previous cars could park by themselves for a fraction of the price. Not having sensors or a decent birds-eye 360° view, which now even cheap car feature, it should be the least having a full park assist.
And - no, the virtual parking representation is a joke - I hit a black wall (thankfully, no damage as it was a front hit and very slow) in a French underground parking, because being black the car didn't realize there was an obstacle, as it was a diagonal parking. USS would have avoided it.

rip3r

Apr 30, 2024
Will tesla with intel get at least the other updates as Trip progress bar, Avarage speed zone and cameras, and New media player ?