With the Rivian R2 being release soon I've been thinking about home charging. I currently have a Tesla Wall Connector and charge my MX every night. The new R2 has a NACS charging port built-in (yeah!) and can use Tesla Superchargers for charging. My question is, if I were to sell the MX and purchase an R2 would I still be able to use the Wall Connector that's already installed in my garage? If so, could I still manage it through the Tesla app like I do today?
I'm guessing the answer is yes, since you don't have to uninstall the Tesla app from your phone or delete your Tesla account if you sell you car. I'm just wondering if Tesla would stop allowing access to a charger if you don't have a (Tesla) car to charge?
Also, does anyone know of a good Rivian owners forum? I really enjoy the community here and would like to find something similar in the Rivian camp, if I were to make the change.
I'm guessing the answer is yes, since you don't have to uninstall the Tesla app from your phone or delete your Tesla account if you sell you car. I'm just wondering if Tesla would stop allowing access to a charger if you don't have a (Tesla) car to charge?
Also, does anyone know of a good Rivian owners forum? I really enjoy the community here and would like to find something similar in the Rivian camp, if I were to make the change.