Autowipers (Beta)

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I just took ownership of a 2020 MY that I love, but the auto-wipers behavior is maddening. In my 2020 MY the auto-wipers were great. I basically kept them on all the time and never even though about the windshield wipers; they basically did what I expected them to. So, when I got my MX and saw the "Autowipers (Beta)" setting in the "Vehicle" control panel I thought it would be the same experience. Nope, not at all.

The first rain I drove in the wipers were either way too slow or going so fast that I thought they would fly off the car (not really). I tried adjusting things with the wiper control on the steering column stalk but it didn't really help. I finally had to disable the "(Beta)" functionality and go back to manually controlling the wipers. 🙀

A while back I remember seeing quite a few people complaining about the auto-wipers and I just couldn't understand what they were talking about; my MY was perfect. It all makes sense now, they were MX owners that had turned on this setting.

Are you seeing the same thing in your MX? Is something weird going on with my car that I should have checked out at an SC? I did notice the washer fluid was very "watery" and clear. Maybe the previous owner used RainX or something and that's screwing up the cameras? Thoughts?

BTW: I'm running release 2022.45.15 on my MX FSD.

Attachments

• autowipers-dialog.jpeg
    autowipers-dialog.jpeg
    615.8 KB · Views: 1