Automatic air recycling in tunnel

ForEver

Jun 26, 2023
Hello,

New ModelY owner after a Hyundai Ioniq5 i am very surprise that there is a super useful functionality on the IOniq 5 not present on Model Y which is:

2 seconds before entering in a tunnel the Air Recycling is turned on automatically and turned off the same at the end of the tunnel. (i suppose this function is using the GPS).

As this is a software only function it should be easy for Tesla to implement it ?
Personnaly i find it very helpful as looking/touching the screen just before a tunnel is potentially dangerous.

Would be glad to see it in an update.
Thanks.

Reactions: RNHurt

Warekiwi

Sep 2, 2022
I agree as I've just returned (to the UK) from a long trip in my MYLR around Scandinavia --and Norway has many road tunnels! Trying to select "recirculation" at tunnel entrances is potentially dangerous so making this automatic would be a great idea!

ForEver

Jun 26, 2023
Why do we love our Tesla ? is it not because we don't have to tell them what to do and they do it at the right moment ?

Roadrunner

Aug 19, 2023
Why do we love our Tesla ? is it not because we don't have to tell them what to do and they do it at the right moment ?
Sure, a lot of the time, but what about, navigation, temperature, seat adjustment, departure time, sound volume, etc. etc. should they also happen without any kind of input? :unsure:

ForEver

Jun 26, 2023
Still no news on this functionnality ?

Hyundai has now improved it by automatically closing the windows at the same time the recycling is turned on.

(surely more tunnels in Korea than in California ! Please think at people living in montains area... )