As a Tesla owner, I get frustrated that other car makers can't seem to get the basic things right.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I'm seeing all these EV announcements from other auto makers and I can't believe how many things they are getting wrong. It's like CEO's have never even driven a Tesla before!

We've been a Honda family for a long time and have been very satisfied. In fact, my wife has a 2008 Accord that is going to need replacement at some point. I'm pushing for her to get a used M3 or MY but she has pretty strongly rejected the idea of a second Tesla. She loves my MX but it's too "whizz bang" for her; she just want's a car like all her old Honda cars. So, I was intrigued when I read about the new Honda Prologue and it's 300 mile range. On the surface it looks fine. It has the buttons and knobs that she's used to. It looks like a "normal" car and wont attract too much attention in the parking lot (unlike the MX :D) and seems like it might be the perfect car for her.

However looking into the car a bit closer I can see several major faults, right off the bat. The charging speed is super low; why would you bring a car to market that's limited to 155kW in today's market? Especially on a car that will cost nearly $50,000! On top of all this they are use someone else's platform (GM) and trying to modify it to work for their cars. I don't trust GM's software to work properly on their own fleet, let alone someone else's cars.

The icing on the cake is this blurb about having to use a separate app (HondaLink) to find charging stations and managing your charging. As a Tesla owner I can't fathom how car companies can screw this up so badly. As much as I want EVs to happen (and I really do!) I hate how other car companies get this wrong. No wonder people have such a bad taste in their mouth for EVs. If I had to have to pull out my phone to find a charger, and then pull out my CC to pay for the charge, and then fiddle with it to get it to start working, and then fiddle with it to stop charging, etc. I would hate EVs too!

huntley

Dec 20, 2022
The charging speed is super low; why would you bring a car to market that's limited to 155kW in today's market?
I wouldn't call this "super low," Bolts get a max of 55kW (that's low to me), and Model 3 RWDs are 170kW.

Reactions: RNHurt