Any update on camera based proximity feedback

jeffhollings

Nov 30, 2022
Now that they have taken away the sensors when will the software update for camera based proximity feedback be available

Reactions: EVSteveA

StoopidFast

Dec 8, 2022
My personal opinion, it was a ruse. HD radar will be released in January. 2023 cars (non-USS) already have it or will be upgraded with it upon release. The HD radar will provide the proximity feedback.

GHsCrunch

Dec 13, 2022
Re: Prematurely Disabled Sensors. Seems like they should’ve kept the sensors working until the new radars were installed. There is now basically no proximity with just cameras, especially building corners & parked cars. Also, last night on my local 2-lane street, the cameras wouldn’t visualize parked cars, only trash cans put out for pickup, between them. Very strange!

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

John

Jan 23, 2023
Something similar has been done with MB new vehicle where front vision cameras is keeping part of picture and proper calibration values will enable to see how close you are getting to the bumper even if it is in blind-spot of bumper...this is my assumption how they going to handle axed proximity sensors.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
The cars without the USS are indeed subpar in my opinion, way too much blindspots, and relying on that goddam rear camera which is blurry 50% of the time is a VERY bad idea.

I hope they'll find a solution for that, and I hope the new system won't be functioning as well as the hilariously bad auto wipers !
I'm glad to have a 2022 WITH USS...

Reactions: Bob C