360 park assist

TheHegre

May 3, 2024
So I've been wondering about this for a while. Other brands have this feature where they use the cameras to create a top down 360° view of the car and it's immediate surroundings to help you park in tight spots. Why doesn't Tesla offer this?

My Model 3 can render other cars as generic 3D models, but it's in no way safe to use for parking. It's highly inaccurate, and the other cars even skip back and forth and disappear. In my view, a Tesla with all it's high end cameras mounted all around the car should be able to make a better park assist than an early model Nissan Leaf, yet it doesn't. The only feature I trust is the ultrasonic sensors on the bumpers.

C'mon Tesla, let's not be worse than the 2010 Nissan Leaf.

Reactions: joe_apxc

mapchistoo

May 3, 2024
It's like USS, rain sensors, lidar etc... it's just Elon Musk NEVER admit he made some wrong choices so he will just continue to dig an it will eventually works. That's at the same time his strength and weakness : he never giveup.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Exactly, this is where Tesla falls short big time. Now literally every car have 360° view and a front bumper camera to facilitate manual parking not to mention auto-parking not costing anything like 4 grands. After two M3LR, it's unlikely I'll get another Tesla if these basic need aren't fulfilled, provided that all other manufacturers would have eventually caught up on range, etc.