3 updates I would really like

Olmo

Feb 15, 2024
first feature: during the parking phases, the cameras turn off every time you put the forward gear and the indicators come off every time you turn: since the Tesla knows exactly that we are entering or exiting a parking lot, it would be nice if in that phase kept the arrow and cameras active until the end of the maneuver

Olmo

Feb 15, 2024
second new feature: when it's hot it would be nice to be able to open the windows in the last few meters you travel when reaching the car; with my Volkswagen it was possible to hold down the remote control button, allowing most of the heat to escape; opening the app and looking for the button under the sun is much more complicated: it would be very nice if the Tesla opened the windows a few cm as soon as it senses our approach; and then close them again if we moved away

Reactions: wjha and RNHurt

Olmo

Feb 15, 2024
third feature: coming and leaving home: it would be nice to be able to change it at will, especially with geolocation; It would also be nice to be able to activate the lights from your phone

Reactions: moortime

Olmo

Feb 15, 2024
fourth feature: it would be nice to be able to operate the passenger seat from the driver's seat and I would also like to be able to memorize 3 positions: first, seat centered to make one passenger in front and one in the back comfortable; second memorization, to give space to the child sitting behind (avoiding mud on the back of the seat ;-), putting the seat forward; third, seat far back to make the front passenger comfortable

Reactions: RNHurt

Olmo

Feb 15, 2024
fifth feature: when you deactivate the air conditioning, unfortunately the automatic climate control is deactivated and this is wrong: in mid-seasons I hate having the air conditioning active because it is too cold, but I would like to be able to keep the automatic climate control active anyway, in so that the fan speed and flow direction are automatically adjusted

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I feel like you are able to do some of those. I have a shortcut to vent windows, I just tell Siri - Vent Andy’s Windows and they pop down. It’s not automatic but That’s half way there!

moortime

Aug 14, 2023
second new feature: when it's hot it would be nice to be able to open the windows in the last few meters you travel when reaching the car; with my Volkswagen it was possible to hold down the remote control button, allowing most of the heat to escape; opening the app and looking for the button under the sun is much more complicated: it would be very nice if the Tesla opened the windows a few cm as soon as it senses our approach; and then close them again if we moved away
Tessie you can open windows now

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
fifth feature: when you deactivate the air conditioning, unfortunately the automatic climate control is deactivated and this is wrong: in mid-seasons I hate having the air conditioning active because it is too cold, but I would like to be able to keep the automatic climate control active anyway, in so that the fan speed and flow direction are automatically adjusted
I have this same problem. I don't like the cold air blowing on me but if I turn off the A/C then the windows can fog up.

Gerhard

Feb 28, 2024
Deutschland-Bayern-Aschaffenburg

Querverkehrsassistent - wäre wichtiges Feature​

Der Querverkehrassistent warnt den Fahrer beim langsamen Rückwärtsfahren, etwa beim Heraussetzen aus einer Querparklücke oder Ausahrt, vor herannahenden Fahrzeugen, Radfahrern, Fussgängern - die er als kritisch einstuft. Der Hinweis erfolgt abgestuft – optisch, akustisch sowie per Warndruck.

Reactions: wjha

enor

Nov 23, 2023
The one thing I would appreciate the most is the possibility to schedule departure/preconditioning/charging "one time only", without making it a recurring event. I always forget to turn it off after that one time use, and heat the car up in vain the following morning....

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
The one thing I would appreciate the most is the possibility to schedule departure/preconditioning/charging "one time only", without making it a recurring event. I always forget to turn it off after that one time use, and heat the car up in vain the following morning....
This is a good point, and exactly the kind of thing I use my phone’s reminders for. I’m constantly telling my phone to remind me at a certain time or location to do these kinds of things. I guess there has to be a balance between the right amount of options and too many options but ‘one time only’ seems reasonable for a lot of things.

Olmo

Feb 15, 2024
seventh feature: the webcam: it is not clear why the memory fills up: in all models of this type, the system usually automatically deletes older videos to make room for new ones; last year I had an accident and didn't realize the camera was full and wasn't recording; It seems absurd to me that you have to constantly remember to empty your memory card

Last edited:
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

Olmo

Feb 15, 2024
first feature: during the parking phases, the cameras turn off every time you put the forward gear and the indicators come off every time you turn: since the Tesla knows exactly that we are entering or exiting a parking lot, it would be nice if in that phase kept the arrow and cameras active until the end of the maneuver
regarding this problem, there is also a software bug: when leaving the parking lot, engage reverse gear and the Tesla activates the rear cameras, when turning the steering wheel the indicator is deactivated, then enter D to exit the parking lot and put the indicator back on: a at that point the blind spot camera which is usually activated on the side of the indicator is not activated in this case, so the only way to see if another car is coming is to rely on the mirror alone, but you also have to raise the view from the display... the entire parking maneuver would work much better if the cameras always remained on, until the end of the parking maneuver

moortime

Aug 14, 2023
You can do a one time using Tessie

Tesla0053

Mar 19, 2024
I would like to have the ability on Autopilot to totally disable "auto lane change" not just minimize lane changes. I often have autopilot on with a destination set. The Tesla changes lanes when no other vehicles are in sight.