2024.2.6 Loss of cameras and associated functions

Scotflieger

Apr 24, 2023
Update 2024.2.6 downloaded to my 2023 M3LR last night. During a 3 leg drive today I lost on each leg after 30-45 mins all camera/autopilot functions (speed sign recognition, traffic visualisation, cruise control, etc) with error UI_a114 “Driving Visualisation temporally degraded”. Basically everything apart from the speed disappeared from the right hand side of the screen (RHD). Camera for turns/reversing still working. Functionality was restored after stopping, locking the car and trying again. This is the first time in a year that this has happened. Discussion on Facebook group suggests this is a known issue with 2024.2. It is extremely frustrating and takes away the joy and ease of driving a Tesla.

• Sad
Reactions: RNHurt

penguinsrule

Feb 29, 2024
Hi. I have the same issue as yourself. Introduced it would seem in 2024.2.6.

Had quite a few back and fourths with Tesla to reproduce this. I have managed to reproduce it and they've confirmed it's a sub system crashing. 2024.2.8 should address this when it's released in a week or so.

I agree alot of systems are tied to cameras and it's no fun driving fully manual. Auto wiper, auto indicator cancel, cruise control, speed camera detection, world visualisation and AP for me stopped working.

• Sad
Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Looks like 2024.2.7 and 2024.2.8 are being released in earnest. I have a big drive coming up next week; I guess I should hold of on updating to the 2024.x.y series for a bit.

teslawater

May 1, 2024
I now have this issue on my 2021 M3LR on 2024.3.25 with FSD trial V12.3.6 (which ends this week, not renewing). Upcoming scheduled service appt; never had this issue with basic autopilot but I did notice some condensation on the right repeater camera housing which I didn't notice before.

From researching online this seems fairly common, and a mix of software and hardware issues. Resolution is hit or miss which is disheartening since it could render the car a 'manual' driver. I'm hopeful for a fix so I can get back to relaxing on autopilot. Driving manual now feels like I'm back in horse buggy times!

Receiving these alerts: APP_w269, APP_w305, APP_w009, UI_a114