Recent content by KRS1983

  1. K

    Software update wishlist

    Recommendation: Tesla needs rear collision warning and perhaps optional auto avoidance measures. Discussion: So earlier this week in my 22 MSLR I was almost rear ended getting on the fairway by someone traveling what seemed to be over 65 miles per hour. Luckily I saw him closing in on me and...
  2. K

    Model X and S to be discontinued in Q2 2026!

    I would add don't underestimate what these robots can eventually do. A few years ago I couldn't imagine a car without ultrasonic sensors using only vision to navigate complex and dangerous traffic situations. I figured humans can't crunch enough code to make these cars fluid and fast enough in...
  3. K

    Model X and S to be discontinued in Q2 2026!

    I don't think the robotic endgame is putting robots in homes. There's not enough people globally in the middle class who can sustain that demand. The endgame is putting them in factories. For example to give US companies a decisive edge to compete with cheap labor (almost slave labor) of...
  4. K

    Software update wishlist

    Safe to say thing is one that actually got done some time ago but only on HW4 vehicles.
  5. K

    Software update wishlist

    Thanks..I gave it a try and it worked! Funny thing is over a year ago I tried this and it didn't work. Guess it was an undocumented feature in a previous update.
  6. K

    Software update wishlist

    Did you receive any feedback from them on your suggestion?
  7. K

    Software update wishlist

    My 2025 wish list (UPDATED) Navigation -Metric distance option for Navigation....not vehicle wide. -3D maps view option -Waze-like road hazard crowd reporting and hazard alerts in maps -Customizable zoom in maps. (Option to automatically zoom as you near a turn, exit or fork.) FSD -Keep...
  8. K

    Software update wishlist

    Adjustable zoom in maps. Problem: Zooming in on maps while navigating always snaps back to a default level. Sometimes it's difficult to tell which which lane, exit or turn to take because the map isn't zoomed in enough. Tesla needs to allow users to set the zoom level they prefer. Some...
  9. K

    Software update wishlist

    No I have not driven in Puerto Rico but that is just another example why Tesla needs to decouple units of measurement at least for speed and distance as other car manufacturers do. It's also a problem for folks who commute for work at borders like the US/Canadian border. In my case my line of...
  10. K

    Software update wishlist

    I think this captures the driver's experience with Tesla's "all or nothing" approach to units of measure settings.
  11. K

    Software update wishlist

    I made a similar recommendation on a previous post. Like since the car is faster than a human a sensing a collision it should have a preventive honk. One example is preventing a fender bender in a parking lot.
  12. K

    Software update wishlist

    Red Light Alert Chime with automatic braking option. Mistakenly ran a red light over the weekend. The red light was visible at an angle only for a short time while passing under the overpass. Luckily no traffic was in the intersection. It occurred to me, that my car already has the hardware...
  13. K

    Software update wishlist

    Yeah hopefully the delay isn't a hardware limitation. but maybe matter of coding. I haven't coded C++ in decades but that's my hunch. That said I think 99% of the commands are within a user's patience limits. Turn signals, horn or strobe are the only ones I've seen so far that are a bit too...
  14. K

    Software update wishlist

    Great insight. Though I would make the case that the press and release signals are not sent by the button to the Controller until completion of the desired press action. Using your example... Single-press: turn signal left. The button detects two actions here...a press and a release.....then...
  15. K

    Software update wishlist

    Updated my 2025 wish list. These can't be that hard right? lol