Tesla is pushing FSD Beta automatically to owners who qualify

oliverl

Sep 16, 2022
has there been any talk of FSD beta build and production build convergence in the near future or a target build number?

T-3

Sep 28, 2022
So if I sign up for the FSB subscription today, drive 100 miles with an 80+ safety score before the end of the day, I could have FSD Beta today?

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
So if I sign up for the FSB subscription today, drive 100 miles with an 80+ safety score before the end of the day, I could have FSD Beta today?
That's unlikely, but Tesla does continue to push the beta to more individuals who meet the requirements. Tesla may be allowing more people into the program in batches. If I was in the position where I'd need to subscribe, then I would wait and see what Tesla has to say at AI Day tomorrow and see if they have an announcement when FSD Beta goes into wide release. I don't think we're too far from that.

You can follow the FSD Beta release here and see how many individuals are getting it every day:

badgermick

Sep 29, 2022
I received FSD Beta a few months back, but was terminated due to inattentive driving on a 1,000 trip (Thought that was VERY harsch). Any idea now long I will need to wait to be reinstated?

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
I received FSD Beta a few months back, but was terminated due to inattentive driving on a 1,000 trip (Thought that was VERY harsch). Any idea now long I will need to wait to be reinstated?

Depending on whether your model has a cabin camera or not, you get 3 or 5 strikes (for cabin camera equipped vehicles) before FSD is disabled. Unfortunately it could be quite a while. Tesla doesn't set a specific time frame on when strikes get reset. Tesla just reset them with update 10.69.1, which was 9 months after the last time they reset them.

Tesla resets strikes for everyone at the same time, but there's no way to know when they will do it next. Hopefully the wait won't be as long and its possible Tesla will reset them again in the coming months when FSD Beta is expected to go into wide release.

badgermick

Sep 29, 2022
Depending on whether your model has a cabin camera or not, you get 3 or 5 strikes (for cabin camera equipped vehicles) before FSD is disabled. Unfortunately it could be quite a while. Tesla doesn't set a specific time frame on when strikes get reset. Tesla just reset them with update 10.69.1, which was 9 months after the last time they reset them.

Tesla resets strikes for everyone at the same time, but there's no way to know when they will do it next. Hopefully the wait won't be as long and its possible Tesla will reset them again in the coming months when FSD Beta is expected to go into wide release.
Thanks for response. I was afraid it would be a long wait. Hopefully by end of year when Musk said they would make "wide" release.

GetnBusyLivn

Oct 8, 2022
I’ve been waiting for the FSD beta invite for months. I’m on the subscription since June, 97 safety’s score and 500+ miles on autopilot and running 2022.20.9 software which is supposed to be what is needed. I’d love to know why I haven’t received the invite yet. Any ideas?

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
I’ve been waiting for the FSD beta invite for months. I’m on the subscription since June, 97 safety’s score and 500+ miles on autopilot and running 2022.20.9 software which is supposed to be what is needed. I’d love to know why I haven’t received the invite yet. Any ideas?
Tesla is likely limiting the expansion. You’re doing everything right and should be on track to get it soon.

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
I am on 2022.28.200, does that mean I will never get FSD Beta until full rollout?
Sounds like you may have just received your Tesla. It may take a little while before you get the beta. You’ll need a score above 80, at least 100 miles on autopilot and wait for the next beta update since you’re on 2022.28.