Tesla Intel Atom vs Tesla AMD Ryzen(Benchmark)

CotingDad

Jun 23, 2023
Hey, I made a video comparing and benchmarking the Intel Atom vs AMD Ryzen.

Last edited:
Reactions: RNHurt

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Thanks for the comparison. I dont watch videos in my Tesla often or want to play any games in it (for that i have my gaming pc at home), so i think my Intel Atom is enough for me, plus it saves some battery power for range. I just hope it will be capable of getting the new UI and full screen driving visualizations in the future, i dont really care if its in a lower framerate than on the ryzen. The controls, especially the media player ones, are much more convenient on the new visuals as far as i was able to see from screenshots.

Reactions: CotingDad

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Oct 17, 2023
For a minute there I thought for sure I had Ryzen AMD and was excited for the new UI for the spring update… then i checked… then I cried LOL. I’m wondering if there will ever be a retro fit to upgrade?

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
For a minute there I thought for sure I had Ryzen AMD and was excited for the new UI for the spring update… then i checked… then I cried LOL. I’m wondering if there will ever be a retro fit to upgrade?
As far as i was able to find out, there will be likely NO retrofit option for Intel Atom MCU to Ryzen MCU because of different voltage and/or cable sockets. For me its ok, at least we profit from a slightly better Power consumption, and maybe the update does come, but later in time.

CotingDad

Jun 23, 2023
Thanks for the comparison. I dont watch videos in my Tesla often or want to play any games in it (for that i have my gaming pc at home), so i think my Intel Atom is enough for me, plus it saves some battery power for range. I just hope it will be capable of getting the new UI and full screen driving visualizations in the future, i dont really care if its in a lower framerate than on the ryzen. The controls, especially the media player ones, are much more convenient on the new visuals as far as i was able to see from screenshots.
Thank you for watching! Oh yeah, I definitely agree, the Atom is more than enough for most everything. I really do think Tesla just needs a little more time to optimize the new UI for the Intel Atom.

Reactions: RNHurt

CotingDad

Jun 23, 2023
haha. Sorry about that. Thank you for watching, though!
Unfortunately, I don't think a retrofit is coming.

CotingDad

Jun 23, 2023
As far as i was able to find out, there will be likely NO retrofit option for Intel Atom MCU to Ryzen MCU because of different voltage and/or cable sockets. For me its ok, at least we profit from a slightly better Power consumption, and maybe the update does come, but later in time.
Thank you for watching! I confident the new UI update will hit the Atom, just give it some time.

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Oct 17, 2023
Got it Thanks for the info!

Reactions: CotingDad

mapchistoo

May 3, 2024

I don't see the issue here. They can increase the voltage with a converter / transformer. We master this technique since at least a century, lol. Same for cable / socket, it can be adapted. Last resort they can could switch to a more recent Intel Atom...
Think of this : they managed to switch from Tegra to Intel Atom on Model S/X.

It's not a technical limitation, it's just the voluntee to give up on "legacy" (2 years-old lol) models.