Still Some Quirks in the Latest FSD Update

LenF

Apr 13, 2023
I got the latest update last week and took a 100 mile trip with it. There are still some quirks, and some have returned that I thought were gone.

First, on autopilot or FSD, the car will try to move itself into either a right turn lane or left turn lane when directions call for it to go straight. This behavior is erratic - sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't.

My biggest problem with all versions of FSD is that it is not able to pick up speed limit signs that are not full size. Speed limits in developments and signs for temporary speed reduction are smaller, are not picked up by the software. Not adjusting for the speed reduction signs can be very dangerous as they are usually posted at sharp curves. I know that the driver is responsible, but that does not help move us toward fully autonomous driving..

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
We're running 11.4.4 and seeing the same things. Occasionally jumps into a turn lane on a multilane road when going straight, haven't been able to figure out what triggers this. Doesn't always do it for us, for example- not at intersections with traffic control.
I also have a stretch of 5 lane road (2 each way and a center turn lane) where the car slows for no apparent reason. Consistently does this in the same spot but I can hit the accelerator.
Have you noticed unnecessary turn signals on twisty roads? I also have some bad lane choices made in the name of 'following route', things like moving to the right lane when a left turn is coming up in less than .5 miles.
Can't wait for these minor things to be fixed :) .