Software update wishlist

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Hazard Lights should be overridden by Directional Indicator Lights
As with any other premium carmaker like BMW, Audi, Mercedes, hazard lights shouldn't override the direction light, but rather the opposite, whichever comes last, e.g.: when signaling a queue on the highway with hazard lights, the driver shouldn't be distracted by disabling them before changing lanes, but rather be able to signal his more dangerous intentions (changing lanes) instantly.
Currently Tesla forces to disable hazard lights like a plethora of other lesser decent carmakers.
But other cars don't have the hazard light button in the least common and accessible position, which doesn't even feature haptic feedback on the last recent touch panels (Highland)...

Last edited:

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Adjust "Home" location based on journey between homes
When we are temporarily away for our "main home", it would be great being able to switch to another home address, temporarily: a vacation home, for instance. If the car understood by itself that once reached such addresses it should switch homes, until instructed to reach one of them, it would be even better.

Reactions: RNHurt

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
BUG: Autopilot driver hand recognition timers don't always reset
Very often, on long drives, I engage the autopilot and simultaneously get the audible alert and visual blinking for hands on, even if I have both hands on the wheel already. Sometimes just a few seconds later, sometimes it's just instant. It seems that there are conditions when the timer for hands detection doesn't always get reset when autopilot goes off. Probably this happens when auto steering disengages by manual intervention, but the cruise control remains still on?

Last edited:

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
When HOT enable all air outlets regardless of passengers
When it's extremely hot (e.g. >39°C) there is no point disabling air from passenger or even rear outlets, the whole car needs to be refrigerated. Please at least make it optional.

Last edited:

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Door button blinking to attract attention
How many times passengers that haven't been on a Tesla (or another electric vehicle, for that matter) don't recognize that there is a door button and use the emergency lever? It would beneficial if it blinked (and perhaps change color to green) when the car is put in Park mode.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Restore 150km/h max speed on autopilot
There's no reason why the car was formerly limited to 150km/h and later reduced to 140km/h, also by comparison with all major carmakers (Mercedes, BMW) who allow higher speeds, e.g. my Z4 does 160km/h with auto steering.

Reactions: Andal and Las Lion

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
BUG: Dangerous sensing of wrong green light
It seems that the car doesn't use the closest traffic light but the one "in front". In a scenario where you stop at a red light and in front of you a red light turns green (which means you cannot go but whoever is in the segment in front of you can), the car beeps - which supposedly for a full autopilot (which I don't have as it would be useless in Italy), would mean that it would start moving and causing an accident. This bug is possibly due to the fact that on US roads traffic lights are only on the opposite side of the road limit the car has to stop at, while "everywhere else" (haven't seen the US way outside of US yet) you actually stop aligned with the red light and there would be a secondary, redundant traffic light in perfect sync with the main one. Hence, in the described scenario, the car seems to give priority of what "everywhere else" is considered a secondary traffic light, ignoring the main one (the closest to the car).

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Auto delete old recordings on disk full
Why do we need to delete old files manually for sentry mode? There has to be at least a selectable option to enable automatic deletion based on creation date, like every DVR on the market.

Last edited:

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
BUG: Autopilot perceives guardrail shadows as lane boundaries
On highway segments perpendicular to low sun-rays such that the shadow of the guardrail projects onto the road, the car perceives a reduced lane width

Last edited:

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Anticipate turns to keep speed

On steep highway bends, the car doesn't anticipate the turn and obviously slows down / risks to hit the opposite guardrail, so in order to keep the speed / avoid an accident autopilot must be constantly toggled off/on

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
BUG Abrupt turn on autopilot activation
When the autopilot is activated, the car steers abruptly to reach the center of the lane. It's beyond unnecessary and uncomfortable, it has to be gentler.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
User-defined max loudness for audio system
Might have already happened to everyone: voice command misunderstands you, sets 100% volume and you can damage your speakers. Likewise, you make a one-hand turn and accidentally move those nice command wheels and - hey presto - you bump up the volume significantly. Please allow us to set a maximum allowed threshold, as you would do on any smartphone.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
BUG: Reduce acceleration in intense stop&go traffic
Even in soft acceleration mode, the car is too fast / doesn't really seem to understand what's going on in the queue, resulting in a sudden, fast acceleration, followed by an abrupt brake all the times - situation that can only be fixed by lowering the speed down to 15-20km/h (suboptimal, if you have - say - 140km/h on your cruise control, anyway anything above 80km/h)

Reactions: brsamuel

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Face recognition to identify the driver when multiple wireless keys are in the car
As it happens that the car cannot sense on which side is actually sitting who has a phone key, it would be great if facial recognition could fix that. My wife has an iPhone, for some reasons she always gets priority over me on auto profile selection, regardless if I'm opening the car with the app or wirelessly with the handle.

Reactions: Andal

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Automatically adjust trunk opening based on location on 3/Y as with S/X
It's very annoying when you open the car trunk from inside in tight parking spots, like garages, only to realize that the trunk door touches the ceiling/garage door. You obviously set a lower trunk door opening, and next time you smash your head against such unnecessarly lower clearance. Can we please save geolocations, similarly as we save sentry mode (but honestly - better)? Alternatively, have the car guess if it's in a garage, under a tree, etc and at least warn about opening the trunk.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Voice commands from outside the car/app
Can we have basic commands from outside the car/via the app for hands free operation of doors/trunk/windows without needing to depend on Alexa and the likes?

Reactions: BKraulis

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Trunk opening with foot
Why don't we have this basic functionality, given that the trunk is automated anyway? There is a camera, the car knows we are in close proximity with the phone key. AI might also perceive we have bags...

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Allow autoparking on basic autopilot

Why can't we have this basic functionality that all other vendors have, unless we add the advanced autopilot (useless in most countries)? Let's at least add it for e.g. 500USD more...

Reactions: Las Lion and CGe0h