phantom braking

Windstorm

Dec 12, 2022
Does anybody know if the phantom braking issue has been fixed by Tesla ? I haven’t really used autopilot since it happened to me while driving down the highway and getting the shzt scared out of me when it happened.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I haven’t had REAL phantom braking in months, on fsd beta.

There is some slowing with twisty roads or hill crests that can be annoying. That’s nothing like what you’re worried about though. Then again, there is a report of someone blaming FSD for causing an 8 car ‘pile up’ when the car abruptly changed lanes and slowed. My guess on that is it changed lanes into a lane with stopped or slow traffic to ‘stay on route’ and you have to be *paying attention* to such lane changes.

jefflopez

Dec 11, 2022
Late reply but here's what I noticed. Last year (December 2021) I took my first long road trip in my 2021 Model Y (Long Range) from Colorado to Dallas TX. With Autopilot engaged, I noticed a HUGE issue with phantom breaking. It was about an 11 hour drive during the night and if I had to guess, it probably happened about 10 or 12 times. While the wife and kids were trying to sleep during the drive, you can imagine the inconvenience. Well, fast forward to last month (December 2022), we made the exact same road trip and almost the exact same time of night as the previous year and I'm please to say it did not phantom break once! Not sure what update might have fixed the issue but the Holiday updated was installed prior to the trip.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

dyenunimium

Dec 22, 2022
if it happens just report, i know many of fsd(beta) drivers don't have snap shots anymore.
idk why they removed them.

i still have phantom breaking. it occurs every time on my way to work. ( not on highway)

pongajim

Oct 22, 2022
Does anybody know if the phantom braking issue has been fixed by Tesla ? I haven’t really used autopilot since it happened to me while driving down the highway and getting the shzt scared out of me when it happened.
I'm on 22.44.30.10 and phantom braking is all over the place, especially in some areas; yesterday had to disengage 3 times. I don't think they know what causes it completely yet.

Delgado

Apr 12, 2023
I'm on 22.44.30.10 and phantom braking is all over the place, especially in some areas; yesterday had to disengage 3 times. I don't think they know what causes it completely yet.
Phantom braking on Tesla cars has been a concern for some owners. While this issue has received attention, it's important to explore alternative options. If you're in the market for a reliable and repairable vehicle, consider a Dodge Challenger. These stylish cars boast powerful performance and are often available at affordable prices through car auctions. To explore the range of Dodge Challengers up for auction, check out abetter.bid. Happy car choosing! 😊

Last edited:

Grumpynuc

Apr 24, 2023
I have noticed the times it happens to me is when I'm on a two lane highway, with oncoming traffic spaced close together. At night, the oncoming traffic
can be a mile away and still cause the braking.

pongajim

Oct 22, 2022
I have noticed the times it happens to me is when I'm on a two lane highway, with oncoming traffic spaced close together. At night, the oncoming traffic
can be a mile away and still cause the braking.
Mine happens in one particular section of highway only, and in one direction only…weird stuff

jeffhollings

Nov 30, 2022
I am getting phantom braking or slow down on Autopilot after going through some green lights. Doesn't happen in FSD (11.3) which is strange