Is FSD 14 lite Ready for Prime Time

Gary417

New member
May 22, 2024
1
0
0
I thought FSD 14 light was noticeably more tentative, especially in urban traffic. Then I experienced 4 interventions, 2 of them critical, on a single state highway. Three of the interventions involved FSD suddenly breaking the car to a full stop, with no traffic ahead of me. In one of these breaking instances I had to immediately take control to avoid being struck by the car behind me. The 2nd critical intervention happened on the same highway when my car crested a hill and traffic was stopped on the downside. The car gave no indication of braking - nor did the forward collision alert sound - and I braked the car myself to avoid hitting the car in front of me.
At this point I’m reluctant to use FSD except as a test when I’m in a low on no traffic situation. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
795
93
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
lol it’s not ready for real world edge cases. Paying $99/ month for life for a feature that sometimes endangers lives is so silly.

All these videos and people saying they can’t live without it, should be red flagged as a warning, use at yr own risk.

In time, one day-ya maybe but for now “only fools rush in” and bigger fools pay for this perpetual beta mode Fsd.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
763
753
93
I thought FSD 14 light was noticeably more tentative, especially in urban traffic. Then I experienced 4 interventions, 2 of them critical, on a single state highway. Three of the interventions involved FSD suddenly breaking the car to a full stop, with no traffic ahead of me. In one of these breaking instances I had to immediately take control to avoid being struck by the car behind me. The 2nd critical intervention happened on the same highway when my car crested a hill and traffic was stopped on the downside. The car gave no indication of braking - nor did the forward collision alert sound - and I braked the car myself to avoid hitting the car in front of me.
At this point I’m reluctant to use FSD except as a test when I’m in a low on no traffic situation. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
As with all FSD versions, I'm sure that these are issues that they are taking into account and attempting to fix. That said, I wouldn't trust it and would continue to do as you've been doing and intervening when necessary. FSD 14 Lite is a holdover for a potential future hardware upgrade for those that fully purchased it, but if they can't get it to work properly, then I think it would be worth it for them to consider scaling it back.
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
795
93
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
Creating misleading illusions to generate perpetual revenue streams where we are the test subjects that pay for this fantasy defies logic, safety standards.

Fsd as it stands today for hw3 is a sub-standard party trick.

All will See that Fsd in a HW3 will NEVER Be, so set it Free from Misery by saving yr Fee for HW5 join the Hive, watch it thrive to keep U Alive and that’s no Jive.