FSD V11.4.4

CaptainAwesome

Apr 11, 2023
Starting with 10.69 and continuing with 11.4.2 and now 11.4.4 the car ping-pongs slightly on the few straight sections of the highway around here. It's not abrupt, but it is continuous to the point where I disengage to get a smoother drive. It have now noticed it on constant radius broad curves as well. The only highway through town is a winding one so it isn't usually noticeable until I drive to other areas.
Thoughts?

Reactions: RNHurt

Peeta321

Jun 29, 2023
FSD is very touchy in this version. Doing weather periods the FSD maybe degraded, due to inclement weather (when it is only misting out. Then FSD will impos a MAX speed, than Auto pilot will impose a maximum speed ( which in lower then the posted speed)
Supercharger preconditioning only starts 15 minutes before charging, and will continue preconditioning during charging.
When entering an on ramp the FSD will whip in as soon as the ramp starts.
The Radio controls disappear from the monitor, and has to be rebooted to bring it back.

• Wow
Reactions: RNHurt

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I've seen mention of that ping pong thing but a long time ago on the AZ Facebook page IIRC. You could check https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/feeds/blog as their forums have a LOT of experience posted. My memory is that someone suggested recalibrating cameras but man that can take a while. I've noticed a very slow ping pong on a particular stretch of road, so I guess it could be triggered by a certain combo of road markings, lane size, etc.