Discuss: Tesla Will Soon Allow Users to Text and Drive With FSD

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
All joking aside- I am AMAZED at the number of people I see on their phones and driving. All ages, all times, all kinds of traffic. The only reason I'm able to notice all that is because I have a few seconds to look around on SFSD! The worst thing that happens is seeing someone behind you doing it!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
I don't understand the urge to use your phone at all (other than hands-free calls) while driving. I grew up in the age of smartphones, and I never felt the urge to use any device, or really do anything other than focus on driving. It baffles me that there aren't more severe penalties, and that driving while distracted, and that it isn't a bigger deal than it currently is. To me, distracted driving is nearly the same as drunk driving.

Now that the rant is over. I honestly can't wait for Tesla to gain the confidence to allow this. My question would be if it would only be under certain circumstances, for example, only at certain speeds, only on highways, while in perfect weather, etc. I know I wouldn't feel safe texting and driving if it were raining, for instance. And will Tesla be taking some form of liability for this?
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
830
96
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
Momentary eyes off driving should be available already. For other drivers, maybe teslas could tap the horn briefly or flash light quick to alert other drivers.

Lots of people text at stop lights, I always have to flash lights or tap horn to get them to pay attention. It would be nice if teslas could do this after a few seconds.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard