Discuss: Tesla Removes Disney+ App From Vehicles - Here's How to Get It Back

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Ok, the decision to remove an app because a CEO is feuding with another CEO is petty and ridiculous. I've been ignoring Musk's antics for the most part but this goes a bit too far, IMHO. I don't want my car's functionality to be impacted by some advertiser somewhere making a decision Musk doesn't like.

Also, I'm not sure my web browsers performance would be good enough to watch Disney+. The last time I tried watching YouTube in my 2020 MX it failed spectacularly. It stopped and started and sputtered all the way through the music video. Maybe I had a bad internet connection or something but it was clear that the car couldn't handle it. Has anyone actually tried to use Disney+ through the browser? Does it actually work?

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I think the app re-appears if you load up the browser page, at least that's how I read it. The app also only disappears if you haven't used it according to Electrek's podcast. Still a douche move, even if Elon has gone great lengths to make amends for the original faux pas.

Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I confirmed that I still have the Disney+ app on my 2020 MX so this doesn't really affect me.

NOTE: While testing the feature I did notice that the playback was not especially smooth. This, in combination with my YouTube playback troubles, makes me think that the MCU2 in the legacy vehicles might not be up to the task of video streaming in the future. I wish Tesla had an MCU2+ upgrade for us. :LOL: