Discuss: Tesla Autopilot and TACC Are Not Available in FSD V14: Is Autopilot Merging With FSD?

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,476
408
83

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
I could have sworn that it wasn't removed entirely and could still be enabled by parking and then switching to regular autopilot. FSD Canada (YouTuber) tried this in his Model 3 highland and noted that you can no longer actively switch profiles to swap from FSD to Autopilot. However, he said that you can park and change the setting after you park. But I do like the fact they are considering finally getting rid of old Autopilot, since it is really terrible in comparison to FSD.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
I could have sworn that it wasn't removed entirely and could still be enabled by parking and then switching to regular autopilot. FSD Canada (YouTuber) tried this in his Model 3 highland and noted that you can no longer actively switch profiles to swap from FSD to Autopilot. However, he said that you can park and change the setting after you park. But I do like the fact they are considering finally getting rid of old Autopilot, since it is really terrible in comparison to FSD.
Interesting stuff. I have no idea, but since I've had SFSD I have *never* tried AP so no idea. Once the S gets it I'll check for grins.
HOPEFULLY this combination of brains will free up resources, I'm guessing mostly space vs computational time, and HW3 cars can see a gain :) It makes sense to use one stack or whatever it's called these days.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

joe_apxc

Well-known member
Feb 20, 2024
276
252
63
Will be interesting to see how this plays out in Europe. Will we keep the AP Stack while rest of the world merges into FSD Stack? Will Regulations be made to only Activate lane keeping and tacc but running on FSD Stack? Worst scenario would be that we loose AP stack before we get fsd, but i think this would cause a big outrage here in Europe and Tesla cannot really afford that i guess :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard