Discuss: Tesla Announces HW3 Upgrade Plan, Trade-In Discount and Confirms No Unsupervised FSD for HW3

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,474
408
83

joe_apxc

Well-known member
Feb 20, 2024
276
252
63
Great news in my opinion! Helps a lot to read that we have at least not been forgotten and a retrofit will be prepared, also V14 lite coming soon (hopefully). I wonder that when the retrofit starts probably in 2027 or 2028, some HW3 cars will be 10+ years old - will it still be worth doing this massive retrofit? I guess it depends on how long you want to keep the car or how long the battery lasts after its warranty expires 🤔

I also wonder if the Ryzen MCU is also needed at some point, if there will be any restrictions or limits in the MCU2 + HW4(+?) Combination. Also, will the retrofit include the front bumper camera? The legacy M3 Bumper seems to have no space for that :D Lets see...