Discuss: Elon Musk Promises 'Super Good' Autowiper Performance With Latest Iteration

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
In a recent tweet, Elon Musk declared, 'Wipers will be super good,' shedding light on Tesla's new Autowiper v4 system. Musk's 'Deep Rain' concept, however, seem… Read More

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
Good luck with that, cause so far the night performance has been horrific...
I lost track of how much time I decided to override the automatic controls to MANUALLY set the wipers to a decent speed, cause I was just blinded by the rain and the auto wipers weren't doing anything about it !

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
The interesting thing is that I loved the auto-wipers on my 2020 MY and couldn't understand why everyone was complaining. Then I traded the MY for a 2020 MX and now I understand. I'm not sure why there is such a big difference, but the MX auto-wipers are ... not great. Granted the last update did make it better, but its no where near where the MY was. I wonder if it has anything to do with the different hardware in the current generation vs the previous generation.

EdHart

Jun 14, 2023
"While in its early days, the Autowiper v4 represents an exciting advancement in Tesla's technological capabilities."
Gosh...how many years have auto-sensing intermittent wipers been available? Let's face it: the designs using a small LED and depend on internal reflection factor in the glass/water droplet interface are simple and reliable. Hats off to Tesla for trying to bypass that approach and find a way to use their cameras....but it does not work well. I have had three Teslas with crumby wiper controls.....but I live in SoCal, so I rarely need wipers. But when I DO need wipers, I think about how awful Tesla's wipers must be for folks who live where there is plenty of rain.
So....it is 2024, and Tesla is still playing with this! Why not get a crack group of engineers working on this and fix it once and for all!