Discuss: A Look at Tesla’s Revolutionary “Unboxed” Manufacturing Process

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
This sounds like parallel processing vs serial. While this really sounds like a better way to do things, and by better I mean more efficient, it does rely on that structural battery pack. How is that working out? Last I heard the 4680s weren't performing well and they stopped doing it for the Y, but that was not recent by any means.
The theory sounds great, let's hope reality doesn't throw any wrenches into it when it hits reality! All this and if anything MORE safety, efficiency and less NVR. Is that it? Noise, vibration and roughness? You know what I mean.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
What concerns me about this is fit and finish. How will this impact the final fitment of everything? How will affect crash safety? What about repairability in the event of a collision? Will this mean that if the car is in an accident, now you have to replace an entire half of the car? There are a lot of questions about this, and I think this deserves a deeper dive into the subject.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard