Car under warranty when I took it in

Trucker358

Dec 29, 2022
This summer I took my car on vacation to pa from fl ,a great trip till I starting to hear a noise. So when I got to Pennsylvania I went to a service center as my warranty ran out in 2 days. They told me it was due to aftermarket frunk lift I had installed. Well I said fine . Well in next couple of days I only heard the the noise if the AC was on or the heater. And no noise when they were off. So went back to the service center and took the manager for short ride and he did hear the noise just sitting and turn on the AC on and off and also the heater and told me he didn’t have the parts to fix it
The notation on the service center computer and told me that when I get back to tampa fl that they would fix even tho it was out of warranty when I got there.
I made a appointment and told them the story and showed them my app where I was there and verified the noise
They charge me $100 to check it out and then wanted $3000 to fix it even tho it was under warranty when the noise started and I gave the service manager the Lancaster pa phone number and extension and she told she would it out. I went back to tampa 4 weeks later and she told me she’s still working on it.
It been 3 months and they haven’t even called me or text
So I guess my next thing to do is notify the bbb or a lawyer

• Wow
Reactions: DBGarlikov

PaulinTampa

Jan 21, 2023
A service ticket creation assures the date. The PA service center should have created at ticket. Notes can be added at any time indicating where you will be taking the car for service or anything else you want to make note of. I recently found out that if I hadn't messaged within the app per the ticket, asking if parts had come in, I might have shown up and wasted my time. A response was that the appointment would be delayed due to no parts had come in. Three days before my appointment. I'm still waiting to hear if the front axles have come in for a January 30th appointment now. And I do not drive this car as I fear I will be broken down somewhere. The wife drives it daily but she has a lighter foot than me. When I press on the pedal the front gets an awful shudder noise and sounds like something is going to explode.
I have my Model Y to get around for now.
I wish I had a solution for you my man. Does your app show any ticket creation or notes of any kind for your problem? Talk to the Tampa service center team. I find they have come a long way and are very helpful. There is a German fella on the service team who has been there six years and I feel he wants to help me out with my axle problem. I had came in with a noise complaint sounding like an out of roundness from the back or the car. He said he hears this axle noise from the front and will create a ticket to have it fixed. This just before my warranty ran out in a few weeks. Don't know if he can help you but, I would go in and talk to anyone and everyone who will listen. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

Trucker358

Dec 29, 2022
finally got to the gm of service department and show him the paper work and he went back to his office for about 10 minutes and gave me a loaner car and they replace the air conditioner and some other parts and I had it the next day at no charge and apologize for what I had to do to get it fix.It took about 3 months of arguing with service department before I went up the ladder so I thankfully to Tesla for standing behind the product as I am a proud owner of a Tesla model s 100 BEST CAR I EVER OWNED IN 60 YEARS OF DRIVING

Reactions: pongajim

Davids

May 6, 2023
A service ticket creation assures the date. The PA service center should have created at ticket. Notes can be added at any time indicating where you will be taking the car for service or anything else you want to make note of. I recently found out that if I hadn't messaged within the app per the ticket, asking if parts had come in, I might have shown up and wasted my time. A response was that the appointment would be delayed due to no parts had come in. Three days before my appointment. I'm still waiting to hear if the front axles have come in for a January 30th appointment now. And I do not drive this car as I fear I will be broken down somewhere. The wife drives it daily but she has a lighter foot than me. When I press on the pedal the front gets an awful shudder noise and sounds like something is going to explode.
I have my Model Y to get around for now.
I wish I had a solution for you my man. Does your app show any ticket creation or notes of any kind for your problem? Talk to the Tampa service center team. I find they have come a long way and are very helpful. There is a German fella on the service team who has been there six years and I feel he wants to help me out with my axle problem. I had came in with a noise complaint sounding like an out of roundness from the back or the car like. He said he hears this axle noise from the front and will create a ticket to have it fixed. This just before my warranty ran out in a few weeks. Don't know if he can help you but, I would go in and talk to anyone and everyone who will listen. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.
To address your current issue with the front axles, it's important to check if there are any notes or tickets in the app related to this problem. If there aren't any, I suggest reaching out to the Tampa service center team, as they may be able to help you out. It's great to hear that there is a German team member who has been helpful in the past and may be able to assist you with your issue.

It's understandable that you're hesitant to drive the car in its current state, but it's important to get the problem addressed as soon as possible for your safety and peace of mind. In the meantime, it's great that you have your Model Y to get around.

PaulinTampa

Jan 21, 2023
To address your current issue with the front axles, it's important to check if there are any notes or tickets in the app related to this problem. If there aren't any, I suggest reaching out to the Tampa service center team, as they may be able to help you out. It's great to hear that there is a German team member who has been helpful in the past and may be able to assist you with your issue.

It's understandable that you're hesitant to drive the car in its current state, but it's important to get the problem addressed as soon as possible for your safety and peace of mind. In the meantime, it's great that you have your Model Y to get around.
Done! Excellent job! No more noise from the front axles. Thanks for your input!