Discuss: Tesla to Add WiFi Garage Door Support in Upcoming Holiday Update

GsMod3

Dec 7, 2022
Will this apply to access gates in gated communities like apartment complexes or housing developments? I do not currently have a garage yet so never worried about installing the home link but would love to be able to open my gate either by driving up to.it.or pressing my screen as my clicker is not always reliable and I have to back up punch in my code and then open it from my phone...

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Will this apply to access gates in gated communities like apartment complexes or housing developments? I do not currently have a garage yet so never worried about installing the home link but would love to be able to open my gate either by driving up to.it.or pressing my screen as my clicker is not always reliable and I have to back up punch in my code and then open it from my phone...
I'm guessing that if MyQ can control the access gate then your Tesla won't know or care that it's not a garage door. And looking at the MyQ system, the only requirement seems to be that it can pair to your door opener like any other wireless remote. Basically, your door opener views the MyQ system as a generic remote control; if you can purchase and pair a generic remote control for your access gate, then the MyQ should work fine.

Disclaimer: This is all conjecture; I don't have any experience with MyQ or access gates.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Welp, it turns out that this is hot garbage and a complete non-starter for me. MyQ want's to charge a subscription fee to use open my garage door. Fuck that!